Ladies and Gentlemen,
The Center For European Studies and the Center For American Studies in partnership with the Faculty of Law and Administration of the Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań is honored to invite you to take part in the 1st International Congress on “Sexuality in the Context of Law, Psychology & Social Sciences”.
The conference will be held on Saturday, June 3, 2023, from 9 AM to 4 PM (CET) online on the Microsoft Teams platform.
The length of the conference depends on the exact number of speakers. In the event of a large number of applications, we reserve the right to extend the conference also to Sunday, June 4, 2023.
THEME OF THE CONFERENCE
The goal of the Congress is to discuss the broad issue of sexuality through the perspective of social sciences and humanities (law, psychology, sociology, cultural studies, political science, philosophy, history, gender studies, women’s/feminist studies, anthropology, and – which may come as a bit of a surprise to some – economics).
The Congress organizers are also open to presentations on sexuality from the intersection of the abovementioned fields of research medicine and health sciences (e.g., sexuality within medical law).
Proposed (sample) thematic areas of your conference presentation:
- Regulation of human sexuality in the legal systems of selected states (past and present)
- Non-heteronormativity – legal, political, psychological, and cultural aspects
- Sexual crime
- Problems related to discrimination on the basis of sex and sexuality
- Sexual disorders among children, adolescents, and adults
- Gender roles in cultures of selected societies
- History of sexuality
- Norms and customs regarding sexuality in cultures of selected societies (past and present)
- Marketization of sexuality
- Sexuality in mass media and advertising
- Sexuality in art (film, music, sculpture, painting)
- Sexuality in medicine and health sciences
Please feel free to choose the topic of your presentation in line with your passion and expertise. Topics may be of both contemporary and historical relevance, and touch upon all problems regardless of their geographical boundaries. Panels of the conference will be arranged accordingly.
The thematic areas indicated above are to be treated only as examples. We strongly encourage you to go beyond them. In addition, the speeches may be interdisciplinary in nature, combining a variety of research fields.
Note: speeches do not have to be comparative in nature – speakers may address issues related to only *one* of the selected areas.
WHO IS IT FOR?
- Students, Ph.D. students, experienced researchers, and all others interested in the above-indicated fields of research can actively participate in the conference as speakers.
- Passive participants (audience) do not need to possess any prior academic knowledge or background.
- Prof. Christopher Kelley, LL.M. (University of Arkansas School of Law) – Chairman of the Conference Committee
- Attorney Valery Loumber, J.D. (Gavrilov & Brooks Law Firm, Sacramento/Los Angeles) – Member of the Conference Committee
- Luke Darby Bartosik, LL.M. (President of the Center For American Studies) – Secretary of the Conference Committee
ACTIVE AND PASSIVE PARTICIPATION – INFORMATION
- ACTIVE PARTICIPATION (INFORMATION FOR CONFERENCE SPEAKERS)
Steps necessary to register for the conference as an active participant (conference speaker):
- Submission of an abstract (up to 300 words) and filling in the Speaker Registration Form at: https://forms.gle/iCpT5LPieRT4ZwLw7
- The above-mentioned activities should be performed by 23.59 on May 22, 2023 (we will not extend this deadline)
- Payment of the conference fee to the bank account number that will be provided to the qualified speakers in an e-mail – the fee must be paid by May 26, 2023at the latest.
We reserve the right to select abstracts. The results of the abstract selection process will be announced by May 24, 2023.
- PASSIVE PARTICIPATION (CONFERENCE AUDIENCE)
Steps necessary to register for the conference by a passive participant (audience):
- Filling out the Audience Registration Form at: https://forms.gle/1uSGX5678nsV6aXy8
- Submission of the Audience Registration Form should be done by 23.59 on May 27.
Failure to fill in the form will result in the inability to passively participate in the conference (and thus the inability to receive a passive conference participant certificate);
- Payment of the fee to the bank account number that will be provided to passive participants via e-mail.
- The fee must be paid by May 31, 2023 at the latest (Don’t worry! You will have a chance to see the conference schedule with a full list of speakers and names of their presentations before submitting a conference fee).
- Speakers – 2 options:
✔ 229 PLN / 55 EUR – traditional certificate sent via post
–– OR ––
✔ 199 PLN / 45 EUR – digital certificate (PDF for self-printing) sent via email (equivalent of the traditional certificate).
- Audience – 2 options:
✔ 139 PLN / 35 EUR – traditional certificate sent via post
–– OR ––
✔ 109 PLN / 25 EUR – digital certificate (PDF for self-printing) sent via email (equivalent of the traditional certificate).
Important! Please use the following pattern when filling in the transfer title field when making the payment of your conference fee*: ” – fee for active / passive participation (select the appropriate one) – “
* Failure to do so may result in delays in posting the fee on the appropriate account and, consequently, even exclude your participation in the conference.
In the case of a co-authorship of a presentation by two or more speakers, please pay the fee for each of the speakers separately.
- It is possible to receive a VAT invoice.
- The fee is non-refundable.
- The link to the online conference room will be made available to registered participants within 24 hours before the start of the conference.
- It is possible to deliver a conference presentation by two or more speakers (the fee should be multiplied by the number of speakers).
- The presentation time is 15-20 minutes (depending on the fact of giving a solo or duet presentation and the total number of presentations during the conference).
- Certificates of participation will be sent by traditional mail within two (Poland) or three (rest of the world) months from the end of the conference. Digital certificates are sent within a week from the end of the conference to ALL participants.
- The Center For American Studies arranges the order of presentations. The exact time of speaking at the conference is pre-determined by CFAS (it will be not possible to change the time of your conference presentation set in the conference schedule).
- During the presentation it is necessary to use both the microphone and the web camera (audio-video transmission).
- Conference Rules and Regulations: https://www.cfasofficial.com/en/terms-of-use
If you have any questions, please contact the Conference Coordinator, Ms. Fatma Mejri, email@example.com. See you at the conference!