Ladies and Gentlemen,
The Center For American Studies and the Center For European Studies are honored to invite you to take part in the 3rd International Academic Conference “Law, Medicine and Psychology”.
The conference will be held on Saturday, September 30, 2023, from 9.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. (CET – Berlin/Rome/Prague/Warsaw time) online on the Microsoft Teams platform.
The length of the conference depends on the exact number of speakers. In the event of a high number of speakers, we reserve the right to extend the conference also to Sunday, October 1, 2023.
➡️𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐌𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐅𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄
The main focus of the conference is to discuss the key contemporary problems of law, medicine, and psychology as well as their historical conceptualizations.
Presentations may be of an interdisciplinary nature, combining various fields of knowledge (e.g., law and medicine, law and psychology, psychology and medicine) but we also welcome topics that touch upon *one* of the aforementioned disciplines.
We believe in academic freedom.
➡️𝐖𝐇𝐎 𝐈𝐒 𝐈𝐓 𝐅𝐎𝐑?
• Students, Ph.D. students, experienced researchers, and all others interested in the above-indicated fields of research can actively participate in the conference as speakers.
• Passive participants (audience) do not need to possess any prior academic knowledge or background.
• Prof. Christopher Kelley, LL.M. (University of Arkansas School of Law) – Chairman of the Conference Committee
• Attorney Valery Loumber, J.D. (Gavrilov & Brooks, Sacramento/Los Angeles) – Member of the Conference Committee
• Luke Darby Bartosik, LL.M. (President of the Center For American Studies) – Secretary of the Conference Committee
➡️𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐈𝐏𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 – 𝐈𝐍𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍
➤ ACTIVE PARTICIPATION (INFORMATION FOR CONFERENCE SPEAKERS)
Steps necessary to register for the conference as an active participant (conference speaker):
• Submission of an abstract and filling in the Speaker Registration Form at: https://forms.gle/h8fbbE8GUcXbB82L6
• Registration should be performed by 23.59 on September 20, 2023 (we will not extend this deadline)
• Payment of the conference fee to the bank account number that will be provided to the qualified speakers in an e-mail – the fee must be paid by September 25, 2023 at the latest.
We reserve the right to select abstracts.
The results of the abstract selection process will be announced by September 22, 2023.
➤ PASSIVE PARTICIPATION (CONFERENCE AUDIENCE)
Steps necessary to register for the conference as a passive participant (audience):
• Filling out the Audience Registration Form at: https://forms.gle/Ye3jAPJbJaCEby227
• Submission of the Audience Registration Form should be done by 23.59 on September 23, 2023 (we will not extend this deadline).
Failure to fill in the form will result in the inability to passively participate in the conference (and thus the inability to receive a passive conference participant certificate)
• Payment of the fee to the bank account number that will be provided to passive participants via e-mail
• The fee must be paid by September 26, 2022 at the latest. Registered audience will receive the conference schedule with a full list of speakers and titles of their presentations via e-mail before paying.
➤ Speakers – 2 options:
✔ 235 PLN / 60 EUR – traditional certificate sent via post
–– OR ––
✔ 215 PLN / 50 EUR – digital certificate (PDF for self-printing) sent via email (widely-recognized equivalent of the traditional certificate).
➤ Audience – 2 options:
✔ 139 PLN / 35 EUR – traditional certificate sent via post
–– OR ––
✔ 109 PLN / 25 EUR – digital certificate (PDF for self-printing) sent via email (widely-recognized equivalent of the traditional certificate).
Important! Please use the following pattern when filling in the transfer title field when making the payment of your conference fee*: ” – fee for active / passive participation (select the appropriate one) – ”
* Failure to do so may result in delays in posting the fee on the appropriate account and, consequently, even exclude your participation in the conference.
In the case of co-authorship of a presentation by two or more speakers, please pay the fee for each of the co-speakers separately.
The organizers anticipate the possibility of publication in the form of a monograph. However, such possibility will depend on the number of authors willing to publish their text (chapter) in a monograph. The price for participation in the conference does not include the publication fee.
• It is possible to receive a VAT invoice (please request it in the registration form)
• The fee is non-refundable
• The link to the online conference room will be made available to registered participants within 24 hours before the start of the conference
• It is possible to deliver a conference presentation by two or more speakers (the fee should be multiplied by the number of speakers)
• The presentation time is 15-25 minutes (depending on the fact of giving a solo or duet presentation and the total number of presentations during the conference)
• Certificates are usually sent via traditional post within 2 months after the conference but because of approaching scholarship October deadlines, we will attempt to deliver your certificate as soon as we can.
• Digital certificates are sent to *all* participants within one week from the conference – because of approaching scholarship deadlines expect to get your certificate within 2 days of the conference.
• The Center For American Studies arranges the order of presentations. The exact time of speaking at the conference is pre-determined by CFAS (it will be not possible to change the time of your conference presentation set in the conference schedule).
• Terms of Service (Conference Rules and Regulations): www.cfasofficial.com/en/terms-of-use
If you have any questions, please send an email to the Conference Coordinator, Mr. Anatolii Tymchenko, at email@example.com.
See you at the conference!