Ladies and Gentlemen,
The Center For American Studies and the Center For European Studies are honored to invite you to take part in the 3rd International Conference on „Constitutions and Constitutional Law in the World”.
The conference will be held on Saturday, August 12, 2023, from 9.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. online on the Microsoft Teams platform.
The length of the conference depends on the exact number of speakers. In the event of a high number of speakers, we reserve the right to extend the conference also to Sunday, August 13, 2023.
➡️𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐅𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐂E
The goal of the conference is to discuss various constitutions and constitutional law as it exists around the world.
Presentations might touch upon constitutions and constitutional laws of particular nation-states (e.g., constitutional law of Poland, Brazil, China, the United States), be of comparative nature (e.g. comparing the constitutions of Ukraine and Italy), or provide an interdisciplinary attempt to address constitutional problems and challenges (e.g. using the tools of economics, sociology or political science to address constitutional questions).
Proposed (example) thematic areas of your conference presentation:
• Written and unwritten constitutions
• Human Rights and constitutional law
• Restrictions (and omissions) of Human Rights in various constitutions
• Provisions that should be/should not be included in constitutions
• Property rights in constitutions
• Presidential systems and parliamentary cabinet systems of power
• Tax regulation in constitutions
• States of emergency
• Constitutional courts and their role
• Comparison of constitutions
• Rule of law
• The principles of law
• Protection of constitutional values
• Supreme courts and constitutions
The above-mentioned areas may be treated as an example. Feel free to go well beyond this list. We value academic freedom and endorse non-standard presentations.
➡️𝐖𝐇𝐎 𝐈𝐒 𝐈𝐓 𝐅𝐎𝐑?
• Students, Ph.D. students, experienced researchers, and all others interested in the above-indicated fields of research can actively participate in the conference as speakers.
• Passive participants (audience) do not need to possess any prior academic knowledge or background.
• Prof. Christopher Kelley, LL.M. (University of Arkansas School of Law) – Chairman of the Conference Committee
• Attorney Valery Loumber, J.D. (Gavrilov & Brooks, Sacramento/Los Angeles) – Member of the Conference Committee
• Luke Darby Bartosik, LL.M. (President of the Center For American Studies) – Secretary of the Conference Committee
➡️𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐈𝐏𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 – 𝐈𝐍𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍
➤ ACTIVE PARTICIPATION (INFORMATION FOR CONFERENCE SPEAKERS)
Steps necessary to register for the conference as an active participant (conference speaker):
• Submission of an abstract and filling in the Speaker Registration Form at: https://forms.gle/JpsJzXL3dpmRwGpK7
• Registration should be performed by 23.59 on August 2, 2023 (we will not extend this deadline)
• Payment of the conference fee to the bank account number that will be provided to the qualified speakers in an e-mail – the fee must be paid by August 7, 2023 at the latest.
We reserve the right to select abstracts.
The results of the abstract selection process will be announced by August 4, 2023.
➤ PASSIVE PARTICIPATION (CONFERENCE AUDIENCE)
Steps necessary to register for the conference as a passive participant (audience):
• Filling out the Audience Application Form at: https://forms.gle/utbup1P6jeCe7SRk7
• Submission of the Audience Registration Form should be done by 23.59 on August 6, 2023 (we will not extend this deadline).
Failure to fill in the form will result in the inability to passively participate in the conference (and thus the inability to receive a conference audience certificate)
• Payment of the fee to the bank account number that will be provided to passive participants via e-mail
• The fee must be paid by August 10, 2023 at the latest.
• The audience will have a chance to see the final schedule of the conference before paying for participation on August 10. Registered audience will receive the conference schedule with a full list of speakers and titles of their presentations via e-mail.
➤ Speakers – 2 options:
✔ 235 PLN / 60 EUR – traditional certificate sent via post
–– OR ––
✔ 215 PLN / 50 EUR – digital certificate (PDF for self-printing) sent via email (widely-recognized equivalent of the traditional certificate).
➤ Audience – 2 options:
✔ 139 PLN / 35 EUR – traditional certificate sent via post
–– OR ––
✔ 109 PLN / 25 EUR – digital certificate (PDF for self-printing) sent via email (widely-recognized equivalent of the traditional certificate).
Important! Please use the following pattern when filling in the transfer title field when making the payment of your conference fee*: ” – fee for active / passive participation (select the appropriate one) – ”
* Failure to do so may result in delays in posting the fee on the appropriate account and, consequently, even exclude your participation in the conference.
In the case of co-authorship of a presentation by two or more speakers, please pay the fee for each of the co-speakers separately.
The organizers anticipate the possibility of publication in the form of a monograph. However, such possibility will depend on the number of authors willing to publish their text (chapter) in a monograph. The price for participation in the conference does not include the publication fee.
• It is possible to receive a VAT invoice (please request it in the registration form)
• The fee is non-refundable
• The link to the online conference room will be made available to registered participants within 24 hours before the start of the conference
• It is possible to deliver a conference presentation by two or more speakers (the fee should be multiplied by the number of speakers)
• The presentation time is 15-25 minutes (depending on the fact of giving a solo or duet presentation and the total number of presentations during the conference)
• Certificates are usually sent via traditional post within 2 months after the conference but because of approaching scholarship deadlines, you will get your certificate by mid-September
• Digital certificates are sent to *all* participants within one week from the conference
• The Center For American Studies arranges the order of presentations. The exact time of speaking at the conference is pre-determined by CFAS (it will be not possible to change the time of your conference presentation set in the conference schedule).
• Terms of Service (Conference Rules and Regulations): www.cfasofficial.com/en/terms-of-use
If you have any questions, please send an email to the Conference Coordinator, Mr. Anatolii Tymchenko, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
See you at the conference!