Ladies and Gentlemen,
The Center for American Studies and the Center for European Studies are honored to invite you to take part in the 3rd International Conference on “Contemporary Problems of Law” – a unique event aimed at exchange of scholarly ideas between young and experienced academics!
The conference will be held on Saturday, March 2, 2024, from 9.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. online on the Microsoft Teams platform.
The length of the conference depends on the exact number of speakers. In the event of a high number of speakers, we reserve the right to extend the conference also to Sunday, March 3, 2024.
➡️ THEMES OF THE CONFERENCE
The conference aims to explore the breadth and depth of problems and challenges lawyers, lawmakers, law interpreters, and legal scholars face across areas such as domestic law, international law, constitutional law, criminal law, civil law, administrative law, and more.
Please feel free to choose the topic of your presentation in line with your passion and expertise.
Topics may be of both contemporary and historical relevance and touch upon all problems regardless of their geographical boundaries (Poland, Ukraine, Europe in general or other countries, e.g. the United States, China, Brazil, Ecuador, Tunisia, Mongolia).
Panels of the conference will be arranged accordingly (base on chronological and geographical criteria).
We believe in academic freedom and do not censor speakers. Original presentations will always gain interest from the Conference Committee.
👨💻WHO IS IT FOR?
• Students, Ph.D. students, experienced researchers, legal professionals, and all others interested in the above-indicated fields of research can actively participate in the conference as speakers.
• Passive participants (audience) do not need to possess any prior academic knowledge or background.
💬LANGUAGE OF THE CONFERENCE
Presentations should be delivered in English.
• Prof. Christopher Kelley, LL.M. (University of Arkansas School of Law) – Chairman of the Committee.
• Attorney Dr. Valery Loumber(Gavrilov & Brooks Law Firm, Sacramento/Los Angeles; Center for American Studies Director of Academic Affairs) – Member of the Committee.
• Attorney Dr. Adrian Rycerski (SWPS University of Social Sciences & Humanities; SMMLegal law firm) – Member of the Committee.
• Dr. Julia Szwiec (Polish Mediation Center in Warsaw; Mediator at the Arbitration Court at the Polish Financial Supervision Authority and the District Court in Warsaw) – Member of the Committee.
• Dr. Lilya Kurii (Center for American Studies Ukraine, earlier: Khmelnytskyi National University) – Member of the Committee.
• Luke Darby Bartosik, LL.M. (President of the Center for American Studies) – Secretary of the Committee.
➡️ ACTIVE AND PASSIVE PARTICIPATION – INFORMATION
➤ ACTIVE PARTICIPATION (INFORMATION FOR CONFERENCE SPEAKERS)
Steps necessary to register for the conference as an active participant (conference speaker):
1️⃣ Submit an abstract (200-300 words) and register via the Speaker Application Form at: https://forms.gle/TQbNKi42GSYefJ8T8
2️⃣Register via the above-mentioned Speaker Application Form by 23.59 on February 21, 2024 (we will not extend this deadline).
🔒We reserve the right to select abstracts.
📣The results of the abstract selection process will be announced by February 22, 2024.
3️⃣Pay the conference fee to the bank account number that will be provided to the qualified speakers via email. The fee must be paid by February 24, 2024 at the latest.
➤ PASSIVE PARTICIPATION (CONFERENCE AUDIENCE)
Steps necessary to register for the conference by a passive participant (audience):
1️⃣Register via the Audience Registration Form at:
2️⃣Register using the Audience Registration Form by 23.59 on February 25, 2024 (we will not extend this deadline). Failure to register using the form will result in the inability to passively participate in the conference (and thus the inability to receive a conference audience certificate).
3️⃣Pay the fee to the bank account number that will be provided to the audience via email. The fee must be paid by February 27, 2024, at the latest. (Audience will have a chance to see the conference schedule before paying the fee).
➡️ PARTICIPATION FEES
➤ SPEAKERS – 2 options:
• 229 PLN / 55 EUR – digital certificate (PDF for self-printing; contains electronic signatures of members of the Academic Committee) sent via e-mail (widely-recognized equivalent of the traditional certificate).
–– OR ––
• 269 PLN / 70 EUR – digital certificate + traditional certificate sent via post.
➤ AUDIENCE – 2 options:
• 119 PLN / 25 EUR – digital certificate (PDF for self-printing; contains electronic signatures of members of the Academic Committee) sent via email (widely-recognized equivalent of the traditional certificate).
–– OR ––
• 149 PLN / 35 EUR – digital certificate + traditional certificate sent via post.
Important! Please use the following pattern when filling in the transfer title field when making the payment of your conference fee*:” – fee for active / passive participation (select the appropriate one) – “* Failure to do so may result in delays in posting the fee on the appropriate account and, consequently, even exclude your participation in the conference.In the case of a co-authorship of a presentation by two or more speakers, please pay the fee for each of the co-speakers separately.
The organizers anticipate the possibility of publication in the form of a monograph. However, such possibility will depend on the number of authors willing to publish their text (chapter) in a monograph. The price for participation in the conference does not include the publication fee.
• It is possible to receive a VAT invoice (please request it in the registration form).
• If your participation in the conference is to be financed by the university (or other institution), we suggest that you pay for your participation from your personal funds and then obtain reimbursement from the university on the basis of an invoice issued by the Center to your university.
• The fee is non-refundable (since it grants you the right of entry to the conference).
• The link to the online conference room will be made available to registered participants within 24 hours before the start of the conference.
• It is possible to deliver a conference presentation by two or more speakers (the fee should be multiplied by the number of speakers).
• The presentation time is 15-25 minutes (depending on the fact of giving a solo or duet presentation and the total number of presentations during the conference).
• Certificates are usually sent via traditional post within 2 months after the conference.
• Digital certificates are sent to *all* participants within one week from the conference.
• Every participant will receive an affidavit confirming the composition of the Academic Committee.
• Every participant will receive an affidavit confirming the status of a scientific society of the Center for American Studies.
• The Center For American Studies arranges the order of presentations. The exact time of speaking at the conference is pre-determined by CFAS (it will be not possible to change the time of your conference presentation set in the conference schedule).
• Terms of Service (Conference Rules and Regulations): www.cfasofficial.com/en/terms-of-use
If you have any questions, please send an email to the Conference Coordinator, Ms. Ewa Lebioda, at email@example.com
We will gladly help.
See you at the conference!
CENTER FOR AMERICAN STUDIES – ABOUT US
The Center for American Studies is a scientific society (Court Registry No.: 0000771445; TIN: 7811990247), which carries out its scientific, research and teaching mission based on the provisions of the Law on Associations of April 7, 1989. (Consolidated text Dz. U. 2001 No. 79, item 855), the Law on Publicly Beneficial Activity and Volunteerism (Dz. U. 2003 No. 96, item 873), the court decision on the establishment of the association and the statute approved by the National Court Registry.
The supervising authority of the Center for American Studies is the Ministry of Education and Science.
The Center for American Studies conducts educational, scientific research and publishing activities by organizing conferences, seminars, training courses and publications aimed at young and experienced scholars.