Ladies and Gentlemen,
The Center for European Studies and the Center for American Studies are honored to invite you to take part in the 6th International Conference on “Intellectual Property Law: Theoretical Reflections & Practical Challenges”.
The conference will be held on Saturday, April 13, 2024, from 9 AM to 4 PM (CET) online on the Microsoft Teams platform.
The length of the conference depends on the exact number of speakers. In the event of a large number of speakers, we reserve the right to extend the conference also to Sunday, April 14, 2024.
THEME OF THE CONFERENCE
The goal of the conference is to present theoretical reflections and present practical contemporary challenges facing the legal, political, and economic world of intellectual property.
Proposed (sample) thematic areas of your conference presentation:
• Objects protected by intellectual property law
• Protection of Intellectual Property Law rights in Europe, United States, and the world
• The problem of intellectual piracy
• Copyrights, trademarks, and patents
• Institutions established to protect intellectual property rights
• Important case law
• Social, economic, legal, and political aspects of protecting innovation and art
• IP and fashion law
• International IP regulations
The thematic areas mentioned above are to be treated only as examples. Topics may be of both contemporary and historical relevance, and touch upon all problems regardless of their geographical boundaries. We encourage you to submit abstracts that go beyond the list. Panels of the conference will be arranged accordingly.
We believe in freedom of academic discussion and do not censor speeches for worldview or political reasons. Original and unconventional speeches will always find recognition from the Conference Committee.
WHO IS IT FOR?
• Students, Ph.D. students, experienced researchers, and all others interested in the above-indicated fields of research can actively participate in the conference as speakers.
• Passive participants (audience) do not need to possess any prior academic knowledge or background.
• Prof. Christopher Kelley, LL.M. (University of Arkansas School of Law) – Chairman of the Conference Committee.
• Dr. Julia Szwiec (Polish Mediation Center in Warsaw; Mediator at the Court of Arbitration at the Polish Financial Supervision Authority and the District Court in Warsaw) – Member of the Conference Committee.
• Attorney Valery Loumber, J.D. (Gavrilov & Brooks Law Firm, Sacramento/Los Angeles) – Member of the Conference Committee.
• Luke Darby Bartosik, LL.M. (President of the Center for American Studies) – Secretary of the Conference Committee
ACTIVE AND PASSIVE PARTICIPATION – INFORMATION
- ACTIVE PARTICIPATION (INFORMATION FOR CONFERENCE SPEAKERS)
Steps necessary to register for the conference as an active participant (conference speaker):
Submit an abstract (up to 300 words) and fill in the Speaker Registration Form at: https://forms.gle/zp732DFYR6CYXcfP8
Submit the above-mentioned Speaker Registration Form by 23.59 on April 2, 2024 (we will not extend this deadline).
We reserve the right to select abstracts.
The results of the abstract selection process will be announced by April 3, 2024.
Pay the conference fee to the bank account number that will be provided to the qualified speakers via e-mail. The fee must be paid by April 6, 2024 at the latest.
- PASSIVE PARTICIPATION (CONFERENCE AUDIENCE)
Steps necessary to register for the conference by a passive participant (audience):
Fill out the Audience Registration Form at: https://forms.gle/umufVAbsVoEWUrwWA
Submit the Audience Registration Form by 23.59 on April 4. Failure to fill in the form will result in the inability to passively participate in the conference (and thus the inability to receive a passive conference participant certificate);
Pay the audience fee to the bank account number that will be provided to you via e-mail. The fee must be paid by April 6, 2024 at the latest (Don’t worry! You will have a chance to see the conference schedule with a full list of speakers and names of their presentations before submitting the conference fee).
➤ SPEAKERS – 2 options:
• 229 PLN / 55 EUR – digital certificate (PDF with signatures of Members of the Academic Committee for self-printing) sent via email (widely-recognized equivalent of the traditional certificate).
– OR –
• 269 PLN / 65 EUR – digital certificate + traditional certificate sent via post.
➤ AUDIENCE – 2 options:
• 119 PLN / 25 EUR – digital certificate (PDF with signatures of Members of the Academic Committee for self-printing) sent via email (widely-recognized equivalent of the traditional certificate).
– OR –
• 149 PLN / 35 EUR – digital certificate + traditional certificate sent via post.
Important! Please use the following pattern when filling in the transfer title field when making the payment of your conference fee*:
” – fee for active / passive participation (select the appropriate one) – ”
* Failure to do so may result in delays in posting the fee on the appropriate account and, consequently, even exclude your participation in the conference.
In the case of a co-authorship of a presentation by two or more speakers, please pay the fee for each of the speakers separately.
The organizers anticipate the possibility of publication in the form of a monograph. However, such possibility will depend on the number of authors willing to publish their text (chapter) in a monograph. The price for participation in the conference does not include the publication fee.
• It is possible to receive a VAT invoice (please request it in the registration form).
• If your participation in the conference is to be financed by the university (or other institution), we suggest that you pay for your participation from your personal funds and then obtain reimbursement from the university on the basis of an invoice issued by the Center to your university.
• The fee is non-refundable (since it grants you the right of entry to the conference).
• The link to the online conference room will be made available to registered participants within 24 hours before the start of the conference
• It is possible to deliver a conference presentation by two or more speakers (the fee should be multiplied by the number of speakers)
• The presentation time is 15-20 minutes (depending on the fact of giving a solo or duet presentation and the total number of presentations during the conference);
• Certificates of participation will be sent by traditional mail up to two (Poland) or three (rest of the world) months from the end of the conference (you will get them by mid-September).
• Digital certificates are sent within a week from the end of the conference to *all* participants.
• Every participant will receive an affidavit confirming the composition of the Academic Committee.
• Every participant will receive an affidavit confirming the status of a scientific society of the Center for American Studies.
• The Center for American Studies arranges the order of presentations. The exact time of speaking at the conference is pre-determined by CFAS (it will be not possible to change the time of your conference presentation set in the conference schedule).
• During the presentation, it is necessary to use both the microphone and the web camera (audio-video transmission)
• Conference Rules and Regulations: https://www.cfasofficial.com/en/terms-of-use
If you have any questions, please contact the Conference Coordinator, Ms. Fatma Mejri, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will gladly help.
See you at the conference!
CENTER FOR AMERICAN STUDIES – ABOUT US
The Center for American Studies is a scientific society (Court Registry No.: 0000771445; TIN: 7811990247), which carries out its scientific, research and teaching mission based on the provisions of the Law on Associations of April 7, 1989. (Consolidated text Dz. U. 2001 No. 79, item 855), the Law on Publicly Beneficial Activity and Volunteerism (Dz. U. 2003 No. 96, item 873), the court decision on the establishment of the association and the statute approved by the National Court Registry.
The supervising authority of the Center for American Studies is the Ministry of Education and Science.
The Center for American Studies conducts educational, scientific research and publishing activities by organizing conferences, seminars, training courses and publications aimed at young and experienced scholars.