Ladies and Gentlemen,
The Center for American Studies and the Center for European Studies are honored to invite you to take part in the 3rd International Conference on “Contemporary Problems of Law and Politics” – a unique event aimed at exchange of scholarly ideas between young and experienced academics!
The conference will be held on Saturday, October 28, 2023, from 9.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. online on the Microsoft Teams platform.
The length of the conference depends on the exact number of speakers. In the event of a high number of speakers, we reserve the right to extend the conference also to Sunday, October 29, 2023.
THEMES OF THE CONFERENCE
The goal of the conference is to discuss the burning issues in contemporary law and politics using the tools of legal and political sciences as well as other social sciences and humanities (philosophy, economics, sociology, international relations, to name a few).
Please feel free to choose the topic of your presentation in line with your passion and expertise. Topics may touch upon selected legal and political problems regardless of their geographical origin (be it Russia, Poland, China, Brazil, the United States). Panels of the conference will be arranged accordingly (based on chronological and geographical criteria).
Example research areas:
- Guarantees of judicial independence
- Political nepotism
- Presidential and parliamentary systems – pros and cons
- Supervision over the prosecutor’s office
- Liquidation of the senate
- Constitutional courts and rule of law
- Supervision over the judiciary
- Competences of member of parliament
- Political populism
- Oversupply of legal regulations
- National elections and local elections
And many more!
The thematic areas indicated above are only exemplary. We strongly encourage you to go beyond them. In addition, the speeches may be interdisciplinary, combining various fields of science.
We believe in academic freedom. Original presentations will always gain interest from the Conference Committee.
WHO IS IT FOR?
- Students, Ph.D. students, experienced researchers, and all others interested in the above-indicated fields of research can actively participate in the conference as speakers.
- Passive participants (audience) do not need to possess any prior academic knowledge or background.
- Prof. Christopher Kelley, LL.M. (University of Arkansas School of Law) – Chairman of the Committee
- Attorney Valery Loumber, J.D. (Gavrilov & Brooks Law Firm, Sacramento/Los Angeles; Center for American Studies Director of Academic Affairs) – Committee Member.
- Lilya Kurii, Ph.D. (Center for American Studies Ukraine, earlier: Chmielnicki National University) – Committee Member.
- Luke Darby Bartosik, LL.M. (President of the Center for American Studies) – Secretary of the Committee.
ACTIVE AND PASSIVE PARTICIPATION – INFORMATION𝐀
➤ ACTIVE PARTICIPATION (INFORMATION FOR CONFERENCE SPEAKERS)
Steps necessary to register for the conference as an active participant (conference speaker):
- Submit an abstract (200-300 words) and register via the Speaker Application Form at: https://forms.gle/wryLCwNjhE2rS7P16
- Registration should be performed by 23.59 on October 16, 2023 (we will not extend this deadline).
We reserve the right to select abstracts.
The results of the abstract selection process will be announced by October 18, 2023.
3.Pay the conference fee to the bank account number that will be provided to the qualified speakers via email. The fee must be paid by October 21, 2023 at the latest.
➤ PASSIVE PARTICIPATION (CONFERENCE AUDIENCE)
Steps necessary to register for the conference by a passive participant (audience):
- Register via the Audience Registration Form at: https://forms.gle/UmXCDsVg2Tx5zDKNA
- Registration using the Audience Registration Form should be done by midnight on October 20, 2023 (we will not extend this deadline). Failure to register using the form will result in the inability to passively participate in the conference (and thus the inability to receive a conference audience certificate).
- Pay the fee to the bank account number that will be provided to audience via email. The fee must be paid by October 23, 2023, at the latest. (Audience will have a chance to see the conference schedule before paying the fee).
➤ SPEAKERS – 2 options:
235 PLN / 60 EUR – traditional certificate sent via post
–– OR ––
215 PLN / 50 EUR – digital certificate (PDF for self-printing) sent via email (widely-recognized equivalent of the traditional certificate).
➤ AUDIENCE – 2 options:
139 PLN / 35 EUR – traditional certificate sent via post
–– OR ––
109 PLN / 25 EUR – digital certificate (PDF for self-printing) sent via email (widely-recognized equivalent of the traditional certificate).
Important! Please use the following pattern when filling in the transfer title field when making the payment of your conference fee*: ” – fee for active / passive participation (select the appropriate one) – “
* Failure to do so may result in delays in posting the fee on the appropriate account and, consequently, even exclude your participation in the conference.
In the case of a co-authorship of a presentation by two or more speakers, please pay the fee for each of the co-speakers separately.
The organizers anticipate the possibility of publication in the form of a monograph. However, such possibility will depend on the number of authors willing to publish their text (chapter) in a monograph. The price for participation in the conference does not include the publication fee.
- It is possible to receive a VAT invoice (please request it in the registration form)
- The fee is non-refundable
- The link to the online conference room will be made available to registered participants within 24 hours before the start of the conference
- It is possible to deliver a conference presentation by two or more speakers (the fee should be multiplied by the number of speakers)
- The presentation time is 15-25 minutes (depending on the fact of giving a solo or duet presentation and the total number of presentations during the conference)
- Certificates are usually sent via traditional post within 2 months after the conference but because of approaching scholarship deadlines, you will get your certificate by mid-September
- Digital certificates are sent to *all* participants within one week from the conference
- The Center For American Studies arranges the order of presentations. The exact time of speaking at the conference is pre-determined by CFAS (it will be not possible to change the time of your conference presentation set in the conference schedule).
- Terms of Service (Conference Rules and Regulations): www.cfasofficial.com/en/terms-of-use
If you have any questions, please send an email to the Conference Coordinator, Ms. Fatma Mejri, at email@example.com. We will gladly help.
See you at the conference!