Ladies and Gentlemen,The Center For American Studies and the Center For European Studies affiliated with the Faculty of Law and Administration of the Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań are honored to invite you to take part in the II International Conference titled “The COVID-19 Pandemic: Legal, Political & Socio-Economic Dimensions”.
The conference will be held on Saturday March 5, 2022 from 9.00 a.m. to 8.00 p.m. online on the Microsoft Teams platform. (The exact length of the conference depends on the number of speakers. In the event of a large number of applications, we reserve the right to extend the conference also to Sunday March 6, 2022).
WHO IS IT FOR?
– Students, Ph.D. students, experienced researchers, and all others interested in the above-indicated fields of research can actively participate in the conference as speakers.
– Passive participants (audience) do not need to possess any prior academic knowledge or background.
THEME OF THE CONFERENCE
The goal of the conference is a thorough discussion of the problems of the modern world related to the COVID-19 pandemic from the perspective of law, economics, political science, international relations and business, as well as philosophy, psychology, sociology.
Proposed (sample) thematic areas:
– the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the economies of particular countries and regions;
– the pandemic and social problems (deterioration of the quality of education, reduced access to medical care, etc.);
– the pandemic and problems related to the health services in selected countries;
– methods of counteracting the pandemic in the policies of selected countries;
– the pandemic and anti-globalism postulates;
– the pandemic and new legal regulations;
– the pandemic versus populism and fake news.
The thematic areas indicated above are only examples. Moreover, presentations may be of an interdisciplinary nature, combining the various fields of study. We also encourage you to submit presentations that go beyond the above list.
– Michał Urbańczyk, Ph.D. (Faculty of Law & Administration, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan)
– Luke Darby Bartosik, LL.M. (President of the Center For American Studies)
ACTIVE AND PASSIVE PARTICIPATION – INFORMATION ACTIVE PARTICIPATION (CONFERENCE SPEAKERS)
Steps necessary to register for the conference as an active participant (conference speaker):
– Submission of an abstract (up to 300 words) meeting our formal requirements and filling in the Speaker Application Form at: https://forms.gle/TxSzxh1kYnZ3Zvgy6
– Acceptance of the Conference Rules and Regulations in the Application Form – available at this link: https://tinyurl.com/yyb2vsdz
– The above-mentioned activities should be performed by 23.59 on February 23, 2022 (we will not extend this deadline)
– Payment of the conference fee to the bank account number that will be provided to the qualified speakers in an e-mail – the fee must be paid by February 25, 2022 at the latest.
We reserve the right to select abstracts. At the same time, we would like to inform you that abstracts that do not meet the above-mentioned requirements will be rejected in the initial formal selection process.
The results of the abstract selection process will be announced by February 24, 2022.
PASSIVE PARTICIPATION (CONFERENCE AUDIENCE)
Steps necessary to register for the conference by a passive participant (audience):
– Filling out the Audience Application Form at:
– Submission of the Audience Application Form should be done by 23.59 on February 26, 2022 (we will not extend this deadline). Failure to fill in the form will result in the inability to passively participate in the conference (and thus the inability to receive a passive conference participant certificate);
– Payment of the fee to the bank account number that will be provided to passive participants via e-mail;
– The fee must be paid by February 28, 2022 at the latest. You will have a chance to read the conference schedule and learn about the speakers before paying the conference fee.
PARTICIPATION FEE SPEAKERS (2 options)
– Traditional certificate sent via post – 219 PLN / 49 EUR
–– OR ––
– Digital certificate sent via e-mail – 199 PLN / 45 EUR
PASSIVE PARTICIPANTS (AUDIENCE)
– Traditional certificate sent via post – 129 PLN / 29 EUR
–– OR ––
– Digital certificate sent via e-mail – PLN 109 / 25 EUR
Important! Please use the following pattern when filling in the transfer title field when making the payment of your conference fee*: “<first name and last name> – fee for active / passive participation (select the appropriate one) – <Full title of the Conference>”
* Failure to do so may result in delays in posting the fee on the appropriate account and, consequently, even exclude your participation in the conference.
In the case of a co-authorship of a presentation by two authors, please pay the fee for each of the co-authors separately.
– It is possible to receive a VAT invoice;
– The fee is non-refundable;
– The link to the online conference room will be made available to registered participants within 24 hours before the start of the conference;
– It is possible to deliver a conference presentation by two or more speakers (the fee should be multiplied by the number of speakers);
– The presentation time is 15-20 minutes (depending on the fact of giving a solo or duet presentation and the total number of presentations during the conference);
– Certificates of participation are normally sent by traditional mail / e-mail within two (Poland) or three (rest of the world) months from the end of the conference; however, each participant – also those who have chosen traditional paper certificates – will obtain a digital certificate in PDF form to print on their own within 2 weeks from the end of the conference);
– The Center For American Studies arranges the order of presentations. The exact time of speaking at the conference is pre-determined by CFAS (it will be not possible to change the time of your conference presentation set in the conference schedule);
– Conference Rules and Regulations: https://tinyurl.com/yyb2vsdz
If you have any questions, please contact us via a private message on Facebook.