Ladies and Gentlemen,
The Center for European Studies along with the Center for American Studies are honored to invite you to take part in the 4th International Conference titled “Contemporary Problems of Law & Economics”.
The conference will be held on Saturday, July 6, 2024, from 9 AM to 4 PM (CEST) online on the Microsoft Teams platform.
The exact length of the conference will depend on the number of speakers. In the event of a large number of speakers, we reserve the right to extend the conference to Sunday, July 7, 2024.
➡️𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐌𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐅𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄
The main goal of the conference is to discuss the key problems of law and economics in the 21st century.
While we expect most of the presentations to touch upon the legal and economic problems of Poland, the rest of Europe and the United States, the Conference Committee remains open to hearing presentations on other parts of the world.
Please feel free to choose the topic of your presentation in line with your passion and expertise. Topics may be of both contemporary and historical relevance, and touch upon selected problems regardless of their geographical boundaries. Panels of the conference will be arranged accordingly (based on chronological and geographical criteria).
Example research areas:
• globalization – its effects and current trends
• legal and socio-economic consequences of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine
• recessions and economic downturns
• BRICS countries – emerging market economies
• how can the law become more economically effective?
• monetary policy in the 21st century
• regulation of the banking sector
• global poverty and inequalities
• poverty in particular nation-states
• the exhaustion of non-renewable resources and new sources of energy
• legal and economic problems of labor markets in Poland, Europe, the U.S., and the world
• social, political, and economic aspects of the functioning of the justice systems in the United States, Europe, and the rest of the world
• methodological problems in law and economics
• and many more!
The thematic areas indicated above are only examples. We strongly encourage you to go beyond them. In addition, the speeches can be interdisciplinary in nature, combining a variety of scientific fields.
The Conference Committee does not censor speeches for worldview or political reasons. Original and controversial presentations are always welcome by the Conference Committee.
➡️𝐖𝐇𝐎 𝐈𝐒 𝐈𝐓 𝐅𝐎𝐑?
• Students, Ph.D. students, experienced researchers, and all others interested in the above-indicated fields of research can actively participate in the conference as speakers.
• Passive participants (audience) do not need to possess any prior academic knowledge or background.
• Prof. Christopher Kelley, LL.M. (University of Arkansas School of Law) – Chairman of the Conference Committee.
• Attorney Valery Loumber, J.D. (Gavrilov & Brooks Law Firm, Sacramento/Los Angeles) – Member of the Conference Committee.
• Attorney Adrian Rycerski, Ph.D. (SWPS University; SMMLegal) – Member of the Conference Committee.
• Lilya Kurii, Ph.D. (Country Director of the Center for American Studies Ukraine; formerly: Khmelnytskyi National University).
• Luke Darby Bartosik, LL.M. (President of the Center For American Studies) – Secretary of the Conference Committee
➡️𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐈𝐏𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 – 𝐈𝐍𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍
➤ ACTIVE PARTICIPATION (INFORMATION FOR CONFERENCE SPEAKERS)
Steps necessary to register for the conference as an active participant (conference speaker):
1️⃣Submit an abstract (200-300 words) and register via the Speaker Application Form at: https://forms.gle/iwpYC1nsMKuc5Hao8
2️⃣ Register via the Speaker Application Form by 23.59 on June 26, 2024 (we will not extend this deadline).
🔒We reserve the right to select abstracts.
📣The results of the abstract selection process will be announced by June 27, 2024.
3️⃣Pay the conference fee to the bank account number that will be provided to the qualified speakers via email. The fee must be paid by June 30, 2024 at the latest.
➤ PASSIVE PARTICIPATION (CONFERENCE AUDIENCE)
Steps necessary to register for the conference by a passive participant (audience):
1️⃣ Register via the Audience Registration Form at: https://forms.gle/EuA2Kqhf1kdnc3kf6
2️⃣ Register using the Audience Registration Form by midnight on June 28, 2024 (we will not extend this deadline). Failure to register using the form will result in the inability to passively participate in the conference (and thus the inability to receive a conference audience certificate).
3️⃣Pay the fee to the bank account number that will be provided to the audience via email. The fee must be paid by July 1, 2024, at the latest. (Audience will have a chance to see the conference schedule before paying the fee).
➡️ 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐈𝐏𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐒
➤ SPEAKERS – 2 options:
• 219 PLN / 55 EUR – digital certificate (PDF for self-printing; contains electronic signatures of members of the Academic Committee) sent via e-mail (widely-recognized equivalent of the traditional certificate).
–– OR ––
• 239 PLN / 65 EUR – traditional certificate sent via post.
➤ AUDIENCE – 2 options:
• 109 PLN / 25 EUR – digital certificate (PDF for self-printing; contains electronic signatures of members of the Academic Committee) sent via email (widely-recognized equivalent of the traditional certificate).
–– OR ––
• 139 PLN / 35 EUR – traditional certificate sent via post.
Important! Please use the following pattern when filling in the transfer title field when making the payment of your conference fee*: ” – fee for active / passive participation (select the appropriate one) – Contemporary Problems of Law & Economics Conference>
* Failure to do so may result in delays in posting the fee on the appropriate account and, consequently, even exclude your participation in the conference.
In the case of a co-authorship of a presentation by two or more speakers, please pay the fee for each of the co-speakers separately.
The organizers anticipate the possibility of publication in the form of a monograph. However, such possibility will depend on the number of authors willing to publish their text (chapter) in a monograph. The price for participation in the conference does not include the publication fee.
• It is possible to receive a VAT invoice (please request it in the registration form).
• If your participation in the conference is to be financed by the university (or other institution), we suggest that you pay for your participation from your personal funds and then obtain reimbursement from the university on the basis of an invoice issued by the Center to your university.
• The fee is non-refundable (since it grants you the right of entry to the conference).
• The link to the online conference room will be made available to registered participants within 24 hours before the start of the conference.
• It is possible to deliver a conference presentation by two or more speakers (the fee should be multiplied by the number of speakers).
• The presentation time is 15-25 minutes (depending on the fact of giving a solo or duet presentation and the total number of presentations during the conference).
• Traditional paper certificates are usually sent via traditional post within 2 months after the conference.
• Digital certificates are sent to *all* participants within one week from the conference.
• The Center For American Studies arranges the order of presentations. The exact time of speaking at the conference is pre-determined by CFAS (it will be not possible to change the time of your conference presentation set in the conference schedule).
• Terms of Service (Conference Rules and Regulations): www.cfasofficial.com/en/terms-of-use
If you have any questions, please send an email to the Conference Coordinator, Mr. Anatolii Tymchenko, at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will gladly help.
See you at the conference!
CENTER FOR AMERICAN STUDIES – ABOUT US
The Center for American Studies is a scientific society (Court Registry No.: 0000771445; TIN: 7811990247), which carries out its scientific, research and teaching mission based on the provisions of the Law on Associations of April 7, 1989. (Consolidated text Dz. U. 2001 No. 79, item 855), the Law on Publicly Beneficial Activity and Volunteerism (Dz. U. 2003 No. 96, item 873), the court decision on the establishment of the association and the statute approved by the National Court Registry.
The supervising authority of the Center for American Studies is the Ministry of Education and Science.
The Center for American Studies conducts educational, scientific research and publishing activities by organizing conferences, seminars, training courses and publications aimed at young and experienced scholars.