POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCHER POSITION
We are seeking a motivated and passionate postdoctoral researcher to join the Laboratory of Mutagenesis and DNA Damage Tolerance in the Institute of Biochemistry and Biophysics Polish Academy of Sciences. The position is funded by the National Science Centre grant led by dr. Justyna McIntyre.
The project aims to reveal the mechanisms involved in the control of the cellular level and function of
human DNA polymerase iota engaged in translesion synthesis that allows to bypass DNA lesions, plays
an important role in genome stability maintenance, contributes to tumorigenesis and can affect cancer
treatment. In the proposed research, we will utilize a whole range of biochemical, microscopic, bioinformatics, and molecular methods.
The position is available immediately. The appointment duration is up to 4 years.
• PhD degree in life or biomedical sciences (less than 7 years after obtaining PhD);
• Hands-on experience in molecular/cellular biology, tissue culture and microscopy techniques;
• Previous experience in DNA damage research will be an added advantage.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
• Full-time employment contract for up to four years.
• Gross monthly remuneration around 7500 PLN plus one additional salary per year. The final
monthly gross salary will be calculated individually, based on work experience.
• Research-focused position (no teaching obligations).
• Polish language course offered for foreigners.
• Service of IBB PAS Welcome Center dedicated to support foreign academic staff and students.
It provides advice on all non-academic and practical issues of coming to Poland and settling in.
Documents listed below (merged in a single pdf file) should be send to dr. Justyna McIntyre
• Cover letter describing your research experience (with description of methodology used) and
• Curriculum vitae
• Copy of PhD diploma or information when it will be obtained
• Contact details of at least two referees (including your current supervisor) and/or reference
• All applications must contain the following statement to allow us to process your data: “I
hereby give consent for my personal data included in the job offer to be processed for the
purposed recruitment under the Data Protection Act 1997 (Dz. U. 2002 no. 101, item 926 with
Candidates fulfilling the above requirements will be invited to an online interview.
The position will remain open until filled.